Thursday, April 28, 2011

In this video Sarah Kay talks about spoken word poetry. She talks about the change she went through at fourteen years old when she first performed spoken word poetry. She also talks about three steps she underwent step one was when she said I can, step two was when she said I will. The third step was to figure out her own style of poetry like when we figure out how do go through life. These steps are huge take aways from this talk because these steps can be applied to anything in life. If there is any goal that a person needs to achieve they can use these three steps to achieve that goal. This speaker's effective speaking techniques are articulation of the words for everyone to understand and to use common words so everyone can understand what she is saying. Kay's presentation style includes connection with the whole audience. This could also be an ignite presentation because she tells a story to inspire others and to ignite something inside them. What matters in this presentation are the three steps she described. The three steps were
1. Say I can.
2. Say I will.
3. Make it your own.
These matter to me because every goal I set in life can be achieved by this three step process. When I was little I said I can and I started dancing and soon after I said I will. To this day I am still trying to make figure out how to make each dance move my own with my own style. What this means to education is that these steps can apply to learning as well. Students must say I can learn, I will learn, and then they must figure out their learning style to receive the best results. What this means to world is that the rate of achievement could go up if the whole world adopted these three steps. That could also mean more advancement in different aspects in society because there would now be an easy process to get work done or create something new. This could also lower plagiarism because the last step, make it your own, would prohibit the same idea being produced because no one thinks exactly the same. This easy process could lead to a brighter and more unique future.

No comments:

Post a Comment